This is a 24 - month temporary position.
Based at the Bethune mine, The Wellfield Cavern Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of operating underground potash caverns in the Bethune Wellfield. The Wellfield Cavern Engineer, along with field Operators and a Supervisor, will form a team responsible for the creation and operation of these caverns.
The successful candidate will:
- Review sample data, trends and down hole wireline logs
- Plan and schedule wireline logging and service rig workovers as necessary
- Provide technical guidance to the Wellfield Supervisor and Cavern Operators
- Provide support for Wellfield operations department related to field equipment or operations decisions
- Assist in the creation and updates of operations-related documentation
- Provide design input for new Wellfield facilities
- Assist with debottlenecking and Management-of-Change initiatives within the Wellfield area
- Provide procurement support for materials and services required for ongoing operations
- Plan and execute continuous improvement projects
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- B.Sc in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Geological, Industrial or Petroleum) with a focus on Mining & Drilling preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in mining & drilling (preferred)
- Strong communications skills
- Able to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- Able to write easily understandable technical reports
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and challenges
- Able to safely work in an industrial atmosphere where equipment such as piping, valves and pumps are present
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
This position will be part of an Engineer Rotation Program.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 4, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: Trust, team spirit and meaningfulness for 11,000 employees at 50 locations on five continents. Welcome to K + S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 10/4/21