We are currently recruiting a temporary and permanent Technical Analyst. The Technical Analyst is responsible for ensuring the stable operation of KSPC’s network and end user computing environment. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all end-user devices and network hardware, software, and communication links. The role supports our IT services (software, hardware, network connectivity), processes incident tickets and service requests, manages IT projects, and provides employee training and consultation.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide first contact support for incoming requests, phone calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding network and end user equipment incidents.
- Perform onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network and computer problems, and recommend and implement corrective actions, including offsite repair for remote equipment.
- Support and accurately document instances of equipment failure, repair installation and removal, as well as moves and changes.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot network and end-user devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required service levels and performance.
- Collaborate with Network Analysts and Systems Administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s network and end-user computing.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring the network and end-user environment.
- Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, documenting, and managing project requirements.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all network and end-user IT equipment, including switches, access points, firewalls, workstations, laptops, and other components and equipment, as needed, within CMDB.
- Conduct research on network and end-user devices in support of standardization and procurement efforts. Evaluate and recommend products and services for purchase.
- Assist in the deployment of new network devices and services, applications, systems, and enhancements to existing applications and systems.
- Provide employee onboarding orientation and individual training to new users of existing technology.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years progressive work experience providing both internal and external support as a generalist
- Experience work network administration; Good working knowledge of MS Office and electronic file structures.
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing networks; implementing new hardware
- Specialized knowledge of:
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office Products
- Windows Server Systems
- Network Devices and Technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Hardware & Software
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various levels in the organization
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 25, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeGood People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.