This persons responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General cleaning as required by production in the mill
- Clean up ahead of maintenance tasks
- Weekly Shop / Tool Crib Cleaning and assistance
- Site maintenance (Grass cutting, ditch garbage etc.)
- Mill Garbage routine
- Mill Freight Elevator clean / service of door tracks
- Labourers will carry out a variety of general labouring duties
- Assist the production and maintenance teams
- Help out in other services providing support as required
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Candidate must be at least 18 and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Must have a strong safety aptitude
- Must be able to stay focused in an active environment while performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to work as a team player, but also work independently as required
- Must hold a valid SK Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Able to work at heights / and wear fall arrest protection
- Tasks will be physically demanding at times
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps & ladders
- Work environment will vary from hot and dusty to outside conditions
- Must be able to do repetitive tasks
- Confined space and working at heights will be involved
- Critical organized thinking and decision making is required
- Mechanical knowledge an asset
- Industrial work experience
- Fork Lift, Telehandler, and Skid Steer experience is an asset
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 7, 2021
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.