Heavy Duty Mechanic
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Workshop this individuals responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trouble shooting equipment and perform equipment repairs
- A strong leader in all aspects of safety (people, environment, equipment) and all work is being done in compliance of company protocols.
- Interface with customers, products and sales support
- Working with the Supervisor/Lead on various tasks
- Providing support with reference to on-site safety requirements; ie: work instructions, safe work procedures, etc.
- Support all P/M feedback to build a proactive environment.
- Learn and support all new mobile maintenance programs that are being developed.
- Ensure that all work is being done in compliance with the safety, environmental, and other company protocols.
- Various related duties as required
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification
- Minimum 5 year experience as a Heavy Duty Technician
- Strong dedication to safety
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills of written, verbal and computer.
- Must be a team player willing to participate in company safety and production requirements
- Effective communication skills: must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, report progress or issues to supervision
- Have good judgment and ability to make decisions
- Responsible and dependable
- Understanding of the various equipment product lines will be considered an asset; CAT, JD, JLG, Doosan, International, Western Star,
- Heavy Truck experience is considered an asset
- Engine and/or component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or Hydraulic testing would be considered an asset
- Experience with any of the following would be a key asset; CAT SIS (Service Information System), CAT INSPECT, CAT ET, Cummins Quick Serve, NED/NAVISTAR, JLG Mobile Intelligence
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 21, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.