Process Analyst (Laboratory)
This is a 16 - month temporary position.
Based at the Bethune site, the Process Analyst (Laboratory) is responsible for providing chemical and physical analysis with support for all areas of KSPC Bethune operations. The position provides analysis and feedback for production parameters, final product analysis and reporting.
The successful candidate will:
- Work Safely with the Process Analytics Group Supervisor and Process Analytics Lead to prioritize and preform thorough and timely sample collection, sample preparation, analysis and reporting. Maintain and operate all laboratory equipment including but not limited to ICP-OES, XRF, NIR, Particle Size Analyzers, and Water purification system.
- Ensure safety and housekeeping standards in his/her area of responsibility are maintained at high levels by applying knowledge through training for the proper chemical handling, sampling and analysis procedures, safety programs and other process analytics laboratory related tasks
- Maintain laboratory supply and chemical inventory
- Actively participate in safety, health and environmental programs
- Able to revise Process Analytics procedures and work instructions.
- Collaborate with Process Engineering, Production, Wellfield and Shipping/Loading departments to ensure upstream process sampling and analysis is conducted efficiently and timely to allow the process to be operated according to approved specifications
- Support the department’s internal customers by providing analytical, instrumental and technical problem solving
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
Qualifying requirements for this role:
- B.Sc. or Diploma, in chemistry or chemical related discipline
- 0-3 years experience in an analytical laboratory, preferably in an industrial setting
- Strong communication and teamwork in a group environment
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedure
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Familiarity with relevant potash quality testing and equipment is strongly preferred
- Mitigates risks within work area
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately identify and resolve safety and service issues
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- The successful candidate may be required work a rotating schedule including weekends, holidays.
- The incumbent will be required to perform sampling and testing in the laboratory and within the refining process areas where noise and temperature levels may vary
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 11, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.