Financial Analyst, Operations Controlling
The Financial Analyst, Operations Controlling, a senior level financial analyst, will provide direct support to the Sr. Corporate Controller for all cost control activities including analysis, reporting and planning.
The successful candidate will:
- Consolidate, review and analyze monthly cost and revenue reporting using SAP and Excel
- Coordinate the annual budget process including process enhancements, consolidation, and coordination of input from budget owners
- Enhance cost awareness and forecasting accuracy for area budget owners through training and process development
- Analyze reports, investigate/document significant variances and coordinate corrective actions as required
- Development and maintenance of financial modelling to support budgeting, forecasting, and project return analysis
- Develop and provide analysis in support of ad hoc reporting requests
- Support and lead enhancements to interfaces between KSPC departments as well as parent company controlling
- Direct supervision and/or mentoring of junior personnel
- Cross train in order to provide temporary support to Project Controlling functions as required
- Review, update and develop accounting policies and procedures for IFRS compliance and process improvement
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of post designation experience
- Previous management accounting, budgeting and controlling experience preferred
- Previous mining experience considered an asset
- SAP experience considered an asset
- Demonstrates fluency in English orally and in written form
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
The role will be based at the Bethune mine site 45 minutes northwest of Regina. However, arrangements such as working out of our Saskatoon head office or alternate flex arrangements may be considered for the right individual.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 28, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.