Distributed Controls System Technician
As the Distributed Controls System Technician, you will be responsible for implementing DCS related preventive maintenance schedules, corrective maintenance, and continuous development of new logic and optimization of current configuration in the system. The position ensures the health and effectiveness of the hardware, software, programming, and networks of all DCS related systems. The DCS specialist plays an important role in assisting production and maintenance by executing changes efficiently and effectively in accordance with plant operating procedures. You will also perform the following tasks:
- Responsible to receive planned tasks to modify, configure, and maintain all control programming in the DCS, any connected PLCs, the system hardware, sub systems connected with the DCS, HMI programming and networks. This could include tasks to monitoring performance, develop a possible solution and then coordinating with maintenance and production to improve performance.
- Responsible to assist core systems trades and operations teams with field troubleshooting through the DCS which includes: Device Type Manager (DTM), PROFIBUS PA and DP, Gateway, Power Hub, Cross wire termination, I/O slave modules, Power supplies, Motor controls, Speed control loops with Variable Frequency Drives, Power Distribution control systems and relay protections, HMI graphics analysis, Alarm and interlock investigation, Control Loop Tuning
- Support modifications and additions to field equipment with associated programming and HMI
- Responsible to assist engineers with the DCS reports and interfaces which includes Historian and SmartClient interfaces
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience or Diploma in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation and Control
- Background experience in an industrial facility with control system engineering, industrial process control and HMI programming, and associated subsystems such as historians required.
Experience with ABB 800xA is considered an asset
Experience with Rockwell equipment and software is beneficial
Experience with aforementioned control related networks is considered an asset.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 27, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.