As the Electrical Specialist for the KSPC team, you will responsible for a broad range of tasks with the overarching goal to improve the reliability of the electrical network at the Bethune Mine Site. You will be responsible for:
- Continuously improving the Electrical Maintenance program by learning from system failures and recurrent issues
- Supporting the Electrical Team from a technical, safety, training, documentation and procedural point of view
- Leading small-scale change initiatives, and being consulted for design input into larger projects
- Interfacing with regulatory bodies on behalf of the electrical discipline (TSASK, SaskPower, etc)
- Ensuring that KSPC is at all times in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Electrical Engineer (B.Sc or M.Sc, with ability to register as EIT or P.Eng with APEGS) with 5 – 8 years of experience
- OR Electrical Engineering Technologist (A.Sc.T) with 15 – 20 years of experience
- Experience in design in accordance with OH&S, IEEE, and CSA codes and standards
- Knowledge and ability to perform simulation work using EasyPower (or similar)
- Strong written and verbal skills in English
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Potash experience is preferred
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 17, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeGood People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.