Quality Control Manager
- Drives Quality and Food Safety culture at the site.
- Leads the site in all Food Safety and Quality related activities for human food, animal feed, water conditioning and industrial grade products, where applicable.
- Leads the consumer/customer complaint investigations process, including conducting root cause analysis and driving corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) into manufacturing processes and/or product specification.
- Ensures compliance with specifications, customer and regulatory requirements at the site.
- Leads the Corrective and Preventative actions (CAPA’s) process at the site for all food safety and quality opportunities including verification of effectiveness of CAPA’s.
- Leads the site for all quality and food safety audits including internal, third party, and regulatory agencies. Responsible for leading the closure of any Non-Conformances.
- Leads the site in determining the annual Quality Program and Food Safety training needs for all employees.
- Serves as the Food Safety Program Team Leader for the site, to ensure the Food Safety Plan is established, implemented, and maintained. Ensures the plan is reviewed and updated annually or as needed.
- Conduct regular reviews of the facility’s Pre-requisite Programs (PRPs), GMP Compliance, and Sanitation/Housekeeping Compliance.
- Maintain and update the site mock recall program and conduct traceability exercises, as required.
- Manage the Quality Management System for the site, to include development, maintenance and implementation of all site level policies, procedures, and work instructions that affect quality and/or food safety of the products.
- Leads talent management for the quality employees at the site.
- Oversees quality laboratory testing and review/approve results.
- Participates in the Management of Change (MOC) process at the site.
- Leads and manages the disposition of all products placed on hold due to incident, out of specification test results, obsolete or slow-moving inventory.
- Manages the site Environmental Monitoring Program; collects and conducts swabbing, when necessary.
- Leads the Quality function at the site regarding all safety and environmental programs.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Highly self-motivated, high energy and ability to work independently, show initiative, and drive positive change in system, processes, and culture.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Management Systems.
- Strong knowledge of ISP and GFSI Standards and Regulatory Requirements of FDA FSMA, HACCP Programs; PCQI Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems; SAP preferred.
- Experience leading third party audits (i.e. BRC, ISO 9001, NSF) and Regulatory unannounced audits (i.e. FDA).
- Ability to understand and comply with all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable local/state/federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support including weekend operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and thrives under pressure in a fast paced and challenging site environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to all levels within the site, throughout the Morton Salt organization as well as internal and external auditors/customers.
- Must be a US or Canadian Citizen or authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience Requirement
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Food Science or a related field required or relevant work experience; with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory experience preferred.
We Enrich Your LifeThis position, based in Silver Springs, New York is responsible for managing all Quality activities and programs at the site level. It serves as the management representative for all applicable areas within Quality and Food Safety to ensure that we satisfy our customers, comply with corporate and local/state/federal legal and regulatory requirements, and continuously improve our systems, processes and culture. Ensures food safety, legality, quality and authenticity of all products produced. This position reports to the Senior Corporate Quality Assurance Manager - Food Safety & EMP.
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: More trust, teamwork and meaningfulness for more than 14.000 employees in over 90 locations on five continents. Welcome to K+S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 5/15/21