Reporting to the Superintendent, Materials Management, the Senior Buyer will provide day to day support and leadership to the buying team. The Senior Buyer will build relationships with internal stakeholders throughout KSPC to ensure that the organization’s purchasing needs are proactively met.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage, coach, and mentor the Buying team
- Define clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations of the Buying team
- Oversee overall strategy for the correct method to process purchase requisitions depending on total cost, timeliness, competitive bidding, and existing contracts, based on direction from the Superintendent level
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate supply problems which may pose a risk to or have impact on business operations
- Support strategic procurement initiatives including the development of ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy for continuous improvement
- Oversee the review and modification of Procurement processes and procedures
- Act as the primary trainer of purchasing procedures to internal departments and external vendors
- Work with internal stakeholders to forecast demand and determine purchasing needs of the organization
- Act as the primary point of contact / customer service for the Buying team and Operations when issues are escalated beyond the front line procurement team level
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule for afterhours procurement requirements
- Develop and deliver necessary regular and ad hoc reporting requests
- Collaborate with department peers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders and contracts
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Issue bid requests to potential vendors and suppliers,
- Review and analyze quotes, securing the most competitive bids
- Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures and regulations
- Process purchasing and contracting transactions according to local and federal policies and procedures
- Facilitate terms and conditions reviews and negotiations
- Investigate and develop supply sources
- Take lead role in procurement of strategic and high value orders, outline agreements, and material contracts
- Place orders to procure requisitioned items or services
- Provide or support when necessary, post award PO/Contract administrative services (expediting, dispute resolution, returns) for internal stakeholders
- Supports and advances internal KPI requirements for cost savings, PO cycle time, PO tracking, Inclusion and Diversity (esp. Indigenous Relations) initiatives
- Work with Finance / Accounting to resolve blocked invoices and Vendor invoice payment issues
- Complete ad-hoc projects issued by Superintendent level
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- College Diploma or University degree in Business, Accounting, Purchasing or related field
- Certification preferred, including one of Supply Chain Certification, SCM Diploma, SCMP Designation, or equivalent
- SAP MM and Ariba experience is a benefit
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building skills
- High degree of knowledge of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase efforts within the guidelines of good business and ethical practices
- Strong familiarity with contracting, particularly in terms of long term or large volume purchasing agreements
- Excellent computer skills, including ERPs, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to work with internal and external suppliers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and within teams
- Must be self-motivated, , results oriented, and able to work under stress of multiple competing deadlines
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory environment as it relates to purchasing and supply chain management
- Must have ability to organize data and information in a coherent way in order to make strategic recommendations for decision
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 30, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.